This past week has been filled with many things I’d consider my “favorite.” Of course, the safe return of the boat, captain, and crew from the SE Alaska salmon season qualifies as tops on the list. Here are some additional “things” from the past few days that I’m either grateful for or excited about…
- Our Facebook group, Commercial Fishing Families & Friends, already has 81 members (come and join if you haven’t already!);
- My efforts toward making George’s arrival from boat-to-home smooth and welcoming (after nearly a year of being at sea) have so far gone as planned;
- The Indigo Girls CD “Poseidon and the Bitter Bug.” Specifically, the song “Fleet of Hope“;
- A sunny Saturday afternoon spent in Ballard eating a delicious lunch with the Schile cousins and cruising past the old haunts;
- Preparing interview questions for my forthcoming article in National Fisherman magazine;
- Making plans to participate in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) during the month of November.
Have a great Labor Day weekend, everyone!