Jen’s Favorites of the Week
(In No Particular Order)
- Accompanying my younger sister as she registered for her first baby shower. My niece will be only the third grandchild in our family, and she is sure to be as spoiled with love, attention, and care as my own two have been for the past four years.
- Spending the weekend with one of my lifelong best friends. We discussed blogs, parents, husbands and children over morning coffee and took care of all the children together. A blessed weekend!
- Taking my children to our local County Fair for the second year in a row all by myself. My children love the fair and one of their favorite parts is riding the shuttle bus there and back. My favorite part this year was this quote by our usually unflappable Eva after she went on a ride that turned out to be a little too scary: “I HATE that ride and I’m never going on it AGAIN! I’m ready for ice cream and to look at horses!”
- Teaching lots and lots of Jazzercise the past two weeks and the way instructors from three different Jazzercise centers have taught all over the chart to cover illnesses, injuries, and vacations.
- Receiving a phone call from George. He finally arrived in some sort of civilization within cell phone range. I felt renewed energy when I heard his voice and immediately began texting picture after picture to his phone while coverage was good. He’ll be leaving civilization again soon, but for now I feel totally satisfied.
On a side note, I need to give a shout-out to my other lifelong best friend, Kim, whose “Favorites of the Week” idea I actually borrowed from her blog. Thanks, Kim!